DVDFab 8.0.4.0
    Win 7 Professional x64

dvdfab_process log:
    21:32:01: Conversion: one pass
    21:32:04: Work 1 failed, Error = 502.12 7

dvdfab_internal log:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

38m 45.61s: create config(0)
    38m 45.61s: convert profile(generic.avi.divx.audiocopy)
    38m 45.74s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->18)
    38m 45.74s: stream(480,2,1) stream(160,65555,0)
    38m 48.92s: warning: stream tag DX50/0x30355844 incompatible with output codec id '63'
    38m 48.93s: ------ mobile work failed(502.12 7) ------

Help would be appreciated (except asking me to upgrade to the latest version, please don't even go there).

Thank you very much!

Hi LoveDVDFab,
    Please upgrade to the latest version 8.0.6.1. of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Then open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then convert again to see the result.

Thanks
    Last edited by David$; 12-23-2010, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David$ View Post
      Hi LoveDVDFab,
      Please upgrade to the latest version 8.0.6.1. of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Then open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then convert again to see the result.

Thanks
      That did not work. Thanks for your suggestion, it made sense to me since this is not a DVD protection issue but rather codec related(according to logs). Anyone else please?

Comment

BTW, I have ripped hundreds of DVDs using Fab in the past few weeks but have not encountered this type of error until now. This is not the only DVD I haven't been able to rip to AVI. This title was released in 2002. Also this title: Queen: Live at Wembley Stadium DVD, released in 2003 is giving me identical type of error. I am not an expert in this field but it seems to me that I need to adjust some settings when ripping these live/concert recordings on music DVDs. I just don't know which settings I need to tweak. Thanks.

Comment

LDF,

I have had problems over the years with many concert videos and I have usually traced this back to poor authoring/encoding from the studio. Don't forget that these productions are usually not authored by the major studios, so SH1t creeps in.

Some have been just impossible and I ended up having to completely reauthor the DVD before I could do anything with it. Hope that's not your case.

What I suggest is that you rip the original to your hard disk, inspect the title that you want with MediaInfo and post the results here.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

MediaInfo Log

Here she be. Please see the attachment. Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mission Accomplished

Here's what I did:

1. Removed all protection from the original DVD using DVDFab.

2. Burned the unprotected VOB files to a DVD (probably could've skipped this step).

3. Used N**o Recode to convert the VOB file (main movie) to an MP4 format.

4. The file is now in a mobile format on my HDD, and if desired, it can be converted from MP4 to AVI using DVDFab Video Converter --> to AVI option (should one insist on an AVI file as final result).
              Last edited by LoveDVDFab; 12-24-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I like Dire Straits and will try and pick this DVD up and may get Queen as well but not as much a fan for them as I am for Dire Straits. Will let you know after the holidays what I can figure out for using DVDFab on it

Comment

Working...
                X