mts to avi: no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mts to avi: no video

Hello. I tried to search these threads, but came up empty... I appreciate your help...

I am using Video Converter ... TO AVI...

I am trying to convert an MTS video to AVI. The Profile...OutputTypes has video+audio selected. The MTS definitely has video and can see it in DVDFab's main screen on lower left when I click the play button.

I get the "Process Completed Successfully" Message.

Using the default settings:
    The result is a (VLC) seemingly just an audio file (no blank video window)

when I use generic.avi.mp3:
    The result is a (VLC) video window that displays black, while the audio plays.

I really appreciate your help!

Hi,
    Please upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm
    Please set the profile OutputTypes as video+audio and set "video format" parameters.

Thanks

Comment

ok. still no video...

I updated to dvdfab 8.0.6.1 and rebooted.

Still, I get no video. I have attached a jpg of my screens - hopefully you can see something.

profile OutputTypes = "video+audio" (audio only is not enabled to select)

I'm just guessing at any "Video format" parameters - so I left them as their default settings.

I did try lower resolutions, converting to (MP4 and Windows Mobile), none of which helped.

I also tried all the "Device" settings of: generic.avi...

VLC will play my other avi files
      dvdFab can play my original MTS file
      neither VLC nor GOM Player can play the video of a converted file.

Thanks Again.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by akopp; 12-27-2010, 03:24 AM. Reason: updated what I tried

Comment

I have the same issue. Anything I've tried to convert to avi will end up with no video on MPC. Only audio is playable.

The only output format that 'works' is mkv. But the video and audio are invariably out of sync.

Sigh.

Comment

Please install DVDFab 8.0.6.4 Beta at

set all the video decoder options and video encoder options as software in Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, then convert avi files again to see the result.
          ________
          Babes live
          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

ok, I've installed the beta, and adjusted the video decoder options and video encoder options. I get a video 3-5x as long as the original (in slow motion) and no sound.

It seems like the solution is near, but...

I was told that "Make sure your source file is m2ts file, not mts file, as DVDFab does not support to convert mts files for now" ... maybe this is a lost cause.

Also, after installing the beta, I needed to remove ZangoShoppingreports adware.

Comment

Originally posted by akopp View Post
              Also, after installing the beta, I needed to remove ZangoShoppingreports adware.
              That is not installed by DVDFab! Also new official release has been released here link to website http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Comment

8.0.6.5 and still no video

I have updated to 8.0.6.5 and followed all the profile selections but still no video when converting from .mpg to .avi. Conversion to .mkv works OK If I go back to an earlier version of DVDFab (version 6) that also works fine for conversion to .avi

Comment

Hi mike1207,
                  Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab at 8066 http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?
                  What player did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by David$ View Post
                    Hi mike1207,
                    Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab at 8066 http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?
                    What player did you use?
                    I have upgraded to DVDFab 8.0.6.6 and still don't get video when converting from mpg to avi and trying to play on either Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic. I have very recently downloaded VLC Media Player and that one does show the video. Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic work just fine if I uninstall version 8 and reinstall version 6. also the thumbnail of the converted video does not work with version 8 but is OK when converting using version 6. I am running vista with the latest updates.

Comment

Working...
                    X