Create a playable XVID disc with subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a playable XVID disc with subtitles

Create a playable XVID disc with subtitles can this be done with DVDFAB or any other way?

Help required please, I have movie 697MB (in .avi format) and an associated subtitle file (.srt) which plays without problem on the TV via a usb stick in a pioneer DVD player.
    I would like to play this movie with subtitles using a 700MB CD disc or a 4.78 DVD-R.

I would like just simply to burn it to a disc. Not convert it to DVD format (vob).

So my understanding is that DVDFab should be able to do this, using file to mobile?
    I can import the movie into FAB
    I added the .srt file
    I can view the movie in the bottom left.
    But there is no “Next” button, and if I press “Start” FAB just shuts its self down..

Does anyone pleas have any advice?

Or should I just give up and burn a data disc using eg Nero and never have the subtitles.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Hi alan117,

Please install DVDFab 8.0.6.4 Beta at

to add external .srt file to your avi to see the result.

But please note that the current DVDFab can not support to burn non-DVD files (like mp4/avi files) to blank DVD disc.

Regards,

mona

Comment

Thanks Mona
      I'll give that a try.

Is this DVDFab 8.0.6.4 Beta a “free” full version or do I have to pay for it after a trial period?

Do you think that a future DVDFab will allow burning of “non” DVD files to a dvd?

Regards
      Alan

Comment

Hi,
        Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? Retry to check result.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
          Thanks.
          No I have not yet tried the latest DVDFab, I used 7.0.?

I'll give it a go.
          Cheers

Comment

Alan, do not waste your time. Fab will NOT do what you want.

Read my comments in the other related post.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Greg-Your comments are noted.
              No worries!
              cheers

Comment

Originally posted by alan117 View Post
                Create a playable XVID disc with subtitles can this be done with DVDFAB or any other way?

Does anyone pleas have any advice?

Or should I just give up and burn a data disc using eg Nero and never have the subtitles.

Cheers
                download AviAddXsubs and you can imprint the subtitles on the divx without re-encoding.. most divx players will read them without any issues..

Comment

Working...
                X