Error 507.04 2 and interlace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 507.04 2 and interlace

I previously ripped some DVDs to VOB files with an earlier version. I now want them to play on the PS3. I used the video converter to the standard PS3 format, with a few tweaks to the settings. The main film came out fine, but the music video in the disc has all the interlaced lines visible on movement. I tried changing the interlace and frame rate settings, but it didn't loose the lines. As the VOB file played fine, but didn't register the timecode &c., I thought I'd use the PS3 pass through settings. Everytime I try the passthrough option, even through other types of settings, I get "507.04 2" in the report window. I can't find any mention of it in the FAQs or on this forum. Any ideas to solve this or the original problem please.
    Thanks

Interlace problem

I hadn't actually searched for the interlace problem till now, just the 507 error. I've found the interlace solution http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ight=interlace
    ShineyBlue's profile change method seems to have done the trick, but not tested on PS3 yet.

Comment

Hi petepewter,
      Please use others profile for example "Play Station 3" to work well, besides you select to DVD Ripper .

Comment

Thanks for replying.
        I used DVD ripper in the first place to create VOBs of just two movies. Once on the hard drive, DVD ripper doesn't recognise them. That's why I was using the converter.
        I was using the PS3 profile, but the default one gives the interlacing problem. Amending a copy of the profile must change the settings beyond the capabilities of the on-screen editing options. I've just tested the results on the PS3 and they are fine. Interlacing problem solved.

Its just the 507.04 2 error I don't know about, although I now don't need the pass-through to solve this particular problem. It would be useful to resolve to produce mpeg2 files though.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X