M2TS to PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2TS to PS3

I have DVDFab but not the Blu-Ray Ripper. I do have another program and can rip a Blu-Ray to HDD. Before I purchase it, should Video converter allow me to convert the many m2ts files in the movie file and play them as a movie on my PS3 from an external USB HDD?

Thanks
    Last edited by AGJ; 01-14-2011, 05:00 AM. Reason: General Policies

Depending on how you plan to play on PS3 you will need either DVDFab Blu-ray Copy or DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper and since you said play frok USB HDD then DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is what you might need so give a try and see if it is. DVDFab Video Converter is not what you need

Comment

You probably want BD Ripper if you are trying to play back from a file. However, playing Blu-Ray content from a portable hard drive on the PS3 will be problematic. First off, the PS3 can only read FAT32 formatted hard drives so your M2TS files would have to be split into 4G each which means you would have to change files every 20 minutes or so during a movie. You are going to need a streaming solution if you want a continuously playing file on the PS3.

The next problems you are going to run into is that the PS3 does not support VC-1 video, HD audio, or DTS audio from a file or streamed. These are limitations Sony decided to put in since the PS3 can easily play these from a disc. DVDFab BD Ripper can convert VC-1 video found on may Blu-Rays to H264. I'm not sure but I believe BD Ripper can convert the audio to AAC which will play on the PS3.

I use my PS3 as a playback device on a daily basis for streamed DVD content but I would recommend other media players for Blu-Ray content. There are a lot of good ones out now that don't have the restrictions on playback that the PS3 has.

Comment

Working...
      X