Converting Ripped DVD to IPAD Suddenly Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Ripped DVD to IPAD Suddenly Stopped Working

I am not sure what happened. I was using v8.0.6.8 to convert DVDs to view on my IPAD. When I ripped the DVD, I always placed the files in a folder with the name of the movie on my hard drive.

When I selected the folder as the source for the files I was converting, it would identify all the VOB files for the movie (note: when I rip, I just rip the VOB files for the MAIN MOVIE) and convert the files into one m4v file. I use whatever the default settings are for IPAD conversion.

Over a period of time, I successfully converted 5 movies. Yesterday, I went to convert a movie for viewing on my IPAD and instead of converting the VOBs into one file, it now is converting each VOB into its own output file and using the filename of the VOB file as the name of the outputted file instead of the folder name to name the single video file which is what it did previously.

I have no idea what happened. The only recent change to my computer that I remember doing between the last successful conversion and now is I accepted an update to Quicktime.

Anyway, uninstalled, erased remaining folders, etc. and tried to do a clean install back to where I was. Finally, I decided I should install the latest DVDFab update to v8.0.7.3

NOTHING! NADA! I have been telling friends what a great product this is for converting video to my IPAD (and I assumed it would work well for their mobile devices) and suddenly it stops working properly.

Since I did not mess with any of the settings and was happy with the default conversion settings, I cannot imagine what has happened here.

To make sure that I had not changed some setting when I ripped the DVD that was affecting the conversion -- I also tried a movie that I had previously successfully converting since I had not deleted the files from my hard drive. Still did not work.

This was working so great and now it isn't. Any ideas or suggestions as to why my program is not working now when it did in the past?

Maybe because you are using "Video Converter" rather than "DVD Ripper" which you should be.

Have a read of the "Best Practice" thread which is linked in my signature below.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Maybe because you are using "Video Converter" rather than "DVD Ripper" which you should be.

Have a read of the "Best Practice" thread which is linked in my signature below.
      I hardly ever use DVDFab for ripping to my IPAD and I guess I forgot how to do it correctly.

You are absolutely right. As soon as you said this, I thought WOW! I knew you were right without checking (but I did check, just in case). I am not old enough to have "old timers" disease yet.

Thanks. I consider this topic closed.

Comment

Working...
      X