Cropping muxed MKV still not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cropping muxed MKV still not possible

I submited a thread about the cropping from muxed mkv files (used ts muxer to demuxe the movie and mkv toolnix for muxe the movie). So the files (H.264) are not modefied. Now, cause the muxed movies are very big, I wanted to shrink them with dvdfab video converter.

Problem is, that I can load the mkv files into dvdfab, but when going to adjust the resolution for the movie and the cropping, I only get a very small preview of the movie (first 3-4 seconds). Even when I try to to go to another possition, dvdfab shows in fact the correct time code, the preview picture is only the first 3-4 seconds of the movie. So a really cropping for the black boarders is not possible.

I tried all the previe setting in options menu with no success. Please developers, make it possible. You already did that I can see a preview of H.264 MKVs, but not the right movie position.

Greetins

So, one month later and nothing changed. Even a mod/developer did not response for this problem. I thought I paid for a good piece of software.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-D View Post
      So, one month later and nothing changed. Even a mod/developer did not response for this problem. I thought I paid for a good piece of software.
      Why would you expect a mod to reply?.

We do not work for the company.

We have nothing to do with developing any part of the
      software.

We do not receive any advance information concerning the software.

Bottom line is you know as much as the mods do.

Send a PM directly to Fengtao he is the one with the answers.

Comment

So I wrote to Fengtao week ago. But I did not get any answer. This is not a good support for me.

Comment

Hi Lord-D,

I just tried DVDFab 8090 to crop remuxed mkv (got with Blu-ray Ripper-mkv.remux) , then use Video Converter - to mkv / generic.mkv.h264.aac, the crop feature works well.

Please install the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.9.0 at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB to give it a try.

Sincerely,
          --
          Sunny

Comment

So, today I tested the new version 8.0.9.2, but after chose mkv.h264.audiocopy profile and want to enter crop menu, DVDFab crashas everytime.

Comment

Hi Lord-D,

Please apply DVDFab Uninstaller to uninstall firstly, or use the "Add/Remove Programs" feature in your "Control Panel" to uninstall the DVDFab8. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab8, find if there are file left, if there are, you need manally delete them, then reboot computer, redownload and install DVDFab Qt 8.0.9.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.

Please check if you can crop mkv file with no crashs after this reinstallation.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                Hi Lord-D,

For your problem with QT version, we need you offer all the detailed computer configurations, like windows operating system, main memory, hard disk drive, graphic card, CPU, CDDVD drive, monitor, modem, etc. We are trying to find where the problem is.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
                --
                Sunny
                Hi sunny,

so I tested the 8.0.9.2 QT version again, but the problem is still there. So I will you provide the necessary information you want:

- CPU E8500
                - RAM Crosair 4GB
                - Sapphire HD6870 (newest 11.5 driver)
                - Hitachi 2000GB HDD (2x)
                - Windows 7 Pro - 32Bit

And the normal drives like DVD-Rom, BluRay-Rom etc. I think there must be something wrong with your QT version, cause I tested an older DVD8 version and preview works fine, but not the cropping.

Comment

Working...
                X