Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to convert video to blackberry 9300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to convert video to blackberry 9300?

I'm new to this forum and new to Blackberry, so I hope I,m doing this right: I really like FAB but when I try to convert video from my laptop to the new BB9300,I always get the message that it's the wrong format. The titles show up on the BB but don't play. Does someone have a tried and true conversion formula for BB9300? We also have BB8520 and have the same problem. I've tried various combinations of audio and video DVD fab settings (too many to list) but nothing works. Please assist, there must be some geniusses in this forum PS I don't know what v. fab I have.

Open dvdfab and look at the upper left corner..
    What version number is listed there?

Comment

Version 8.0.6.5(27/12/2010), do you think an update would help? Thanks, Anne

Comment

I know what extensions are supported but I' just don't get the combinations of extension, speed etc. right. right. ( I am hoping that there might be a FAB mobile phone button for blackberry curve. I tried Roxio (it comes with the BB) but nothing works. The videos either don't transfer right or they don't play and I get "wrong format" messages. Do you have suggestions?
        • .mpeg
        • .mp4
        • .3gp
        • .mov
        • .avi
        • .wmv
        • .m4v
        • .mp2
        • .mpg
        File formats:
        • AVC1
        • DivX
        • H.263
        • H.264
        • MPEG
        • MPEG-4
        • WMV (8, 9 10)
        • Xvid
        Audio formats:
        • AAC
        • AMR
        • PCM
        Only mono and stereo videos are supported. Other video formats might be supported if the applicable codecs are installed.

Comment

Now what are you trying to convert? Is it a DVD to a compatible blackberry format? Or is it a different format like avi or mkv to a compatible format? If it a DVD you want to convert to a format playable on a BB then check out the DVDFab DVD Ripper and select the cellphone as it has a setting for BB Storm and as well a mp4 for BB

If you are converting an avi or similar then when using DVDFab Video Covnerter use the cellphone and select the same as I mentioned above
          Last edited by AGJ; 03-23-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Thank you. Yesterday I copied part of a dvd, using dvdfab8 rip DVD and tried both BB settings I found under the cell phone sections. Both did the job of encoding the file, but after I transferred the file to my BB 9300, I received the same message,"cannot play,wrong file format" . I use a 32gb micro sd card that shows up on the memory as working normally, but after I transfer files and remove the mass storage option I often get a message on the blackberry that the file system needs to be fixed. I then scan it and fix the errors automatically, could something happen to the transferred files during this process? I don't have another micro sd card available right now, so i can't test a different one. I reformatted the card a couple of times and it shows no errors. I usually transfer the converted files to the BB using Roxio Media Manager is therre a way to convert the files directly to the phone? This problem is really puzzling to me. I don't know where the error lies. Just want to watch videos on my phone.......Will appreciate further suggestions/questions.

Comment

Hi auntieannie2,

Please choose "cellphone.mpeg4.blackberry" profile, click on Edit button near the bottom to open Conversion Settings window, select the same Video framerate as the original source, select the proper frame resolution for your BB 9300. After finish conversion, play the mp4 file using VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ or other playsoftware to make sure the output file isn't corrupt.

Can you connect the USB wire to your computer and the BlackBerry, transfer the mp4 file to your bb9300 playlist ?

Sincerely,
              Sunny
              Last edited by sunny; 03-28-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much. I finally realized I am not a blackberry person, not willing to spend so much time trying to figure out all the error messages. I bought an lg optimus android phone last week and love it. I have no problems with loading and watching my videos The blackberry has to go Anne

Comment

Working...
                X