Terrible Audio Sync isses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible Audio Sync isses

I'm a first time poster. My audio sync issues have gotten totally out of hand. I'm looking for help. I currently have DVDFab 8.0.8.3. I generally use the program as follows: Copy the DVD main movie to hard drive using DVD Copy Main Movie. I then use DVD Ripper to convert to the appropriate formats that I use including XBOX 360, IPAD and Archos. Normally, the movies start out in sync however about half way in begin to lose sync. Last night watching a movie that was streaming to the XBOX 360 was just unbearable. Everything started out fine but then about half way through, the audio sync was WAY OFF, so bad that I had to stop watching.

How do I solve this problem?

Hi Autumnsboy,

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set all the video decoder options and video encoder options as Software.

Before you start to convert, click on "Edit" to open "Conversion settings", set the Video framerate as "same as source", then check if you can avoid this kind of a/v sync issue or not.

Sincerely,
    Sunny

Comment

Sorry for jumping into your topic Autumnsboy but I am having the same problem. I typically convert for viewing on my iTouch. I tried to follow your suggestions Sunny, and everything you suggested is how my system is set up already except for one item. The video framerate you spoke of to set to " same as source", I do not have that option. It just gives me the option to set the framerate anywhere from 10fps up to 30 fps. I have checked my original rip with VLC media player and the sound is just fine there but no matter how many times I try to re-rip this for my iTouch, I still get horrible sync issues.

Comment

I have just updated to the 8.0.8.9 QT version. There does not appear to be an option to set the framerate to "same as source" in the conversion settings.

Comment

Still no luck with 8.0.8.9 QT

Ok, I'm now using the 8.0.8.9 QT version which doesn't offer a "same as source" option. I've changed all the decoding and encoding options to "software" however the final XBOX 360 Rip is still awful.

FYI, I'm actually using the DVD Ripper function and not the Video Converter (I don't have this). Could this be the problem? What is actually the difference in the two?

The original format on my hard drive is VOB which works just fine.

Still perplexed. This once great software tool is now of not much use.

Comment

Post your log please, I tested The_Iord_of_The_Rings_3 DVD as you said. First ripped main movie and then used DVD ripper to Xbox360. The result is OK and perfect.
            Or give your detail steps. So we can repro your issue.

Thanks,
            Potti

Comment

Autumn- I am having the same problem you are. Every rip to WMV is out of sync (you can see my thread in Bluray Ripper). It has been acknowledged as a problem, but no indication on when or if it will be fixed other than allowing for more "days" to work on it.

1st! - did you rip to Xbox MP4 or WMV? I believe MP4 is ok, but WMV is not. If you ripped to WMV, did you check the file past the half way point as this is usually when it starts to go way out of sync. Also, it looks like VLC can play it in sync, but WMP/WMC cannot.

Comment

Potti,

I'm not sure what part of the log is important. Here is part of it.

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 22.01s: create config(0)
                1m 22.01s: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma.480p)
                1m 22.01s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->29)
                1m 22.01s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
                1m 47.76s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                75m 06.02s:

------ finish mobile work ------

DVDFab 8.0.8.9 (2011/05/04 19:26:56)

0m 03.86s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
                0m 03.90s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.0.8.9 (2011/05/04 23:22:56)

0m 05.16s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
                0m 05.21s: Qt Translator file load success

I'm not really changing anything. I'm using DVD Copy on "Love and other drugs" to copy the main movie to my hard drive in VOB format. Then I am using DVD Ripper set to XBOX 360 on the VOB folder to generate a file in wmv9.

Comment

Audio Sync

+1 for the sync issue ripping to WMV; mp4 is ok (but has choppy video), WMV has audio sync issues.

Not cropping, I am using full 1920x1080 resolution, to 5.1 audio from TrueHD audio. 1 or 2 pass doesn't seem to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
                    Autumn- I am having the same problem you are. Every rip to WMV is out of sync (you can see my thread in Bluray Ripper). It has been acknowledged as a problem, but no indication on when or if it will be fixed other than allowing for more "days" to work on it.

1st! - did you rip to Xbox MP4 or WMV? I believe MP4 is ok, but WMV is not. If you ripped to WMV, did you check the file past the half way point as this is usually when it starts to go way out of sync. Also, it looks like VLC can play it in sync, but WMP/WMC cannot.
                    I'm using DVD Ripper to make a WMV file. I'm doen't really see how to change to MP4 from that. I guess that I can just select MP4 instead of XBOX 360 but I thought that was the point of having the preset profiles (no need to make decisions). I will give the MP4 a try to tonight.

As for using VLC, I'm just trying to stream to my XBOX 360 and use whatever is on that preinstalled. I'll be disappointed if these video files are so device and software player dependent.

Tomorrow I take a plane trip and had hope to add a file or two to my IPAD 2 but who knows if they will actually work.

Comment

Change to 24 fps and that fixed the issue for me let me know if it works

Comment

Long standing problem. Been told by the mods here that I was 1 in about 10 users worlwide that use the WMV foramt any longer and that I should move on to another format if I want or desire a good sync option. I never found a solution with DVDFab for WMV files. Best of luck trying to sort this out.

Comment

I told you that and I am neither a mod nor a developer, just a long time user of Fab and other encoding software.

The advice was from my knowledge over the years of what has been happening and again my honest advice still is to use the MKV Audiocopy profile/container and if your media player will not play that, ditch it and buy one that will for round a hundred bux.

Save you more than a hundred bux in time and especially frustration!!!
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crudo13 View Post
                              Change to 24 fps and that fixed the issue for me let me know if it works
                              Had audio sync issues with "Love and Other Drugs". This fixed it for me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X