Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with f4v mp4

Dear group

I updated now to the latest video converter version (dvdfab) and came about an issue that bugs me:

I can not open a bundle of vids in order to convert them (target: general divx).

My videos derive from different TV stations in Germany that I officially downloaded from their mediathek.

I did so with the help of an opensource soft called also Mediathek (sourceforge).

It downloads streams and saves them on my hdd. The format is *.f4v or *.mp4.

DvdFab cannot open them.

Is there something I can do?
    At least there is a free converter soft that has no probs to open and convert these vids.

here is what MediaInfo says:
    Code:
    General
    Complete name                    : F:\_Meine Videos\Z convert these\Die_Sendung_vom_23.01.2011-format181815.f4v.mp4
    Format                           : Digital Video
    File size                        : 465 MiB
    Recorded date                    : 1977-03-27 29:00:58

Text #1
    ID                               : 0
    Format                           : EIA-608
    Stream size                      : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
    ID                               : 1
    Format                           : EIA-608
    Stream size                      : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Hi TSchneider75,

Can you send your*.f4v or *.mp4 file to us at sevice@dvdfab.com, we need these samples to test on our side, thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

Sunny

sorry, I can't. But you could easily download the tool that downloads for me the videos from the net.

info:
      Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

download:
      Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

With this tool you can refresh the list of broadcast stations the choose the station "ARD" and the program "ARD Radgeber Bauen".

the same video is hosted on the site of ARD here:

The tool above knows how to handle this embedded video and can then download it with the help of another tool called 'flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe'.

This is a URL of one of the *.f4v files:

--host vod.daserste.de --app ardfs/ --playpath mp4:videoportal/mediathek/ARD-Ratgeber%3A+Bauen+%2B+Wohnen/c_170000/174556/format194644.f4v

you see we have here I think a flash movie. What I do not know is whether flvstream not only downloads but also converts this so users can watch movies with VLC for example.

thank you very much for your patience and natural interest

Comment

Working...
      X