No progress on files > 4GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No progress on files > 4GB

Initially I thought there was a problem with Video Converter for all MPEG files I was trying to convert to mp4.default or ipad.h24. So I decided to try another format and still I had issues. The problem is that Video Converter does not start the convert and displays Percentage 0.00% Task Elapsed Time 00:00:00 and Task Time Left 00:00:00.

After some investigation with other files, it appears the limiation is files under 4GB get converted fine and files 4GB or over do not even start.

My HD is NTFS and has 3TB + space. Intel i7 980, 12GB RAM and ATI HD5970 with 4GB

I have tried software and hardware codec - but again only files under 4GB get processed, other fail to start. I have left those that fail to start for 7+ hours and nothing - not even an error in the logs.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the file size that Video Converter can proccess?

Update - it appears that the mpeg2 files that are not being recognised by Video Converter have no duration in the info box.

The screen shots below show the same movie, the first has been reprocessed using Nero at a friends house and saved as mpeg2. This is processed fine with Video Converter to mpeg4.

The second is the original file (mpeg2) and is not processed with Video Converter - doesn''t even start.

Both mpeg2 files play fine on PC, PS3, internet enabled TV (streamed from NAS drive) and Media Player.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi numbers,

We've reported this file size limitation issue to our QA team for further testing, thanks in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,
      --
      Sunny

Comment

Working...
      X