Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v8.1.0.5 finalled fixed my DTS-HD ... what to do with my old mkv files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.1.0.5 finalled fixed my DTS-HD ... what to do with my old mkv files?

So after 6 months of pulling my hair out as to why anything I ripped from BlueRay that had DTS-HD audio would fail to play correctly on any of my Xtreamer media players, v8.1.0.5 had fixed all my stress!!!

Now .... I have about two dozen .mkv files with DTS-HD audio that were ripped from Blueray discs using the previous DVDFab that I kept that still stop/start during playback.

So that I don't have to feed my original BlueRay DTS-HD discs one by one into DVDFab 8.1.0.5 to rip new files ... can I grab all the files and queue them up in the 8.1.0.5 video converter to 'fix' the files and make new .mkv's? Effectively mkv -> mkv....

The files definately play without stuttering on my PC (they always have) ... so I assume the files aren't 'broken' and I should be 'clean' to use as source video files?

i know its an oldish post and you've prob sussed it by now, but just in case it helps:

Your old files should be absolutely fine video-wise, but if an mkv to mkv convert didn;t work you can use a free (awesome) utitlity called eac3to to extract the DTS core from the DTS-MA soundtrack into a dts file. then you could download a free utility called mkv merge, load in your original mkv, deselect your dts ha ma track, load in your dts core file, then mux them together. maybe that helps....i do it all the time with my mkv's.

Comment

Thanks, I might try those after I d/l the latest dvdfab and try again... I had no luck with the mkv -> mkv to fix the old files using 8.1.0.5...

Comment

give this a try, using mkvmerge...

load your file, and for the audio/video/subtitle streams go to the "options" tab and under "compression" set them to "none".

(also remember to set the video frame rate to its native rate, usually 24/1001 (23.976) as mkvmerge defaults to 25fps.)

Ive found that mkv files usually have a "compression header" problem which some players dont manage properly...setting compression to none usually works! Give a try.

Comment

Working...
        X