Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-3 seconds missing when converting to DivX

Hello everybody!

I have a little problem! When I convert some DVDs to DivX (using general.avi.divx.audiocopy) the converted movie sometimes is about 2/3/4 seconds shorter than the Original DVD movie length. Otherwise some converted movies are exact the same length as the Original DVD movie length!??

Is this normal (sometimes) or is there going something wrong. I've noticed this through all DVDFab Version i've tried.

Looking forward for answers! ;-)

Addition to Post

The above description does not occur on every DVD, only on some DVDs.
    For example, if I use my DVD ("Anatomie") - a German Movie:

- When I am opening the DVD with DVDFab the total length is 01:35:18.
    - I am selecting the title and I am using the general.avi.divx.audiocopy-Profile
    - Bitrate: 2560kbps (2-pass encoding), Resolution 704x396 (1.777778) - no cropping

The encoding works fine. But when I analyze the file with BitrateViewer, MediaInfo, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema the runtime is 01:35:15/16.

So there are 2 seconds missing.
    The same occured on some other DVDs, here 1 second, then 3 seconds. Is this normal, is there something missing???
    I am asking, because I don't want to watch every movie (I have over 100 original DVDs) at the time to make sure the result is OK!

Comment

Hi pr_dvdfab,

The current avi(2gb-) profiles have this cropping the end of source movie problem after ripping to avi file, so you'd better do not choose like generic.avi(2gb-).divx.audiocopy.

Please give both "general.avi.divx.audiocopy" and "general.avi.xvid.audiocopy" a try, go to Conversion Setting, set encoding method as 1-pass, then rip again to see the result.

Sincerely,
      --
      Sunny

Comment

I've also tried 1-pass encoding. The results are exactly the same as 2-pass encoding.
        The 1/2/3/4 seconds missing appear only on some DVDs in the total runtime length.

My encoding settings are:
        - 2-pass encoding
        - Bitrate: 2560kbps (File size usually between: 1.6GB - 3.0GB, depends on movie length and brightness, etc.)
        - no cropping (704x396px) as the resolution
        - and the rest: same as source
        - Profile: general.avi.divx.audiocopy

I've also used DVDFab Version 7.0.9.3 & 8.0.8.5. The results are all the same - as in my example movie "Anatomie". DVD length: 01:35:18; AVI length: 01:35:16

Comment

Another question@sunny:

I am a little confused: What do you mean with (2gb-)?

Comment

I've already watched some of the movies I have ripped to AVI (with my settings) and I didn't noticed any problems during playback (not sure if the AVI runtime length was the same as the DVD length).

So can it possibly be, that this isn't a really problem, that the AVI runtime length is a little (1-4 secs) shorther than the DVD runtime length?

Comment

Hi pr_dvdfab,

What is the difference in 2g- and without it? Please find the answer here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13026

For the ripping issue (2 seconds missing or 4 secs missing), did you play the avi file from start to end to see if you lost some movie contents or just the runtime length displaying issue?

Comment

Thanks a lot for this information . All the movies I've been currently watching were NOT faulty .
                I've only had one faulty movie "The Fast And The Furious". But here there were more than > 40 seconds missing somewhere in the middle of the movie, not at the end -- and it seemed that the audio was slightly (not much) asynchronious.

Comment

Working...
                X