Conversion for iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion for iphone

I just purchased the latest version of Video convertor for the purpose of converting my movies (which I copied with DVDFab ) so I can transfer them to my iphone-ipod-etc. None of the profiles work. NONE. I.ve tried ipod iphone AppleTV and M4. It only converts the audio and not the video. I've made over 20 attempts and yes before you ask I have both Video and audio checked. What's up?

TIA

TAK

Hi takpro
    Are the copies that you are using ripped to your Hdd DVD compliant using DVD Fab, or are they in a different format?
    If you ripped them using DVD Copy and you are trying to convert DVD compliant folders, you should be using DVD Ripper instead.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

First let me thank you for your prompt reply. I copied the movie to my HDD using DVDFab Copy. I understand there is some technical difference in ripping and and copying. None-the-less it generated an .avi file which the Video Convertor says it can convert. Where does my misunderstanding lie?

TAK

Comment

Originally posted by takpro View Post
        First let me thank you for your prompt reply. I copied the movie to my HDD using DVDFab Copy. I understand there is some technical difference in ripping and and copying. None-the-less it generated an .avi file which the Video Convertor says it can convert. Where does my misunderstanding lie?

TAK
        Hi takpro
        If you used DVD Copy to rip the movie to your HDD, then as I said you would use DVD Ripper to convert those files to a format of your choice.

If you used DVD Ripper to convert the files to AVI and are now try to convert them to use on your iphone-ipod, why not use the original disc copy the movie to your HDD and use DVD Ripper to convert from there, it will be much faster.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

;-) I guess the short answer would be that I don't own DVD Ripper. I assumed that Video convertor would do that, which I do own. Strangely, during the trial period I did Rip one movie and it plays fine. I'm attempting to use WD My BOOK Live to stream movies from my drive to my iphone over the internet and as I say that one movie works fine. I just assumed that I could use Video Convertor to convert the rest of my collection.

TAK

Comment

Hi takpro
            If your files are not DVD Compliant folders and you have already converted them to another format that you are using on your WD My BOOK Live to stream movies, then you would use Video Converter to convert them to a format of your choice.
            There is a few other members having problems using the Video Converter trying to convert different formats and is being looked at by the DVD Fab team.
            I am also moving this thread to the correct Video Converter forum.
            CBR929

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know exactly what a DVD Compliant folder is. All my movies reside on my WD drive and I can stream them over my local network. WD has a new iphone app that allows me to access my drive remotely over the internet and access all my public shared files and view them on my iphone where ever I am. I used DVDFab BluRay Ripper to rip a movie during the trial period. It produced a MP4 (.m4v) file that I can play on any player I have; media player, itunes, etc and I can view it remotely over the WD with no conversion at all. I can view the my home videos created with Pinnacle Studio. What I have been unable to do is find a conversion profile to make any of my copied or ripped DVD's accessible remotely over the WD. I don't understand why I can't convert a simple .avi to an iphone compatible format and why I get perfect audio but no video.

Thank you for trying to help.

TAK

Comment

Hi takpro
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Also give as much information as you can in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542

CBR929

Comment

I will try to do that tomorrow. If I spend anymore time on this today I'm going to need a note for the teacher so to speak. Thank you for your help.

TAK

Comment

It said my file exceeded the limit

Comment

Originally posted by takpro View Post
                      It said my file exceeded the limit
                      Just need to see the current logs not logs for all the movies.

Do a copy/paste

Comment

Abbreviated Log

I hope that worked.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi takpro

Please update the the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14093

Then Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
                          CBR929

Comment

That seems to have done the trick for at least this particular movie. I"ll update in a few days. Thank you for all your help.

TAK

Comment

Hi takpro
                              Glad to help.
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X