Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking which GPU to use during conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking which GPU to use during conversion?

I'm running two video cards on my system, a new GTX 460 w/1024, and an old 8400 GS. I upgraded to the 460 last week at the recommendation of my buddy's thought that my performance issues with converting video was getting hurt because of my crappy entry-level cards.

Now my question - I'm watching Video Converter run while having GPU-Z open, and while I'm converting, I can see a load on my 8400's GPU, but literally nothing on my GTX 460...so is there something I'm supposed to do to get my DVDFab to make use of the better card?

Originally posted by carlsore View Post
    I'm running two video cards on my system, a new GTX 460 w/1024, and an old 8400 GS. I upgraded to the 460 last week at the recommendation of my buddy's thought that my performance issues with converting video was getting hurt because of my crappy entry-level cards.

Now my question - I'm watching Video Converter run while having GPU-Z open, and while I'm converting, I can see a load on my 8400's GPU, but literally nothing on my GTX 460...so is there something I'm supposed to do to get my DVDFab to make use of the better card?
    Hi,

I suppose that you are still using your 8400 in your OS. Have you been switch video card after update GTX460?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Have you been switch video card after update GTX460?

How do I do this in Windows 7? In DVDFab I see my GTX460 listed in the settings, but I'm just not seeing ANY type of performance boost over my 8400.

Comment

Hi carlsore,
        Please set GTX460 as your graphics card and use it in bios. Then try DVDFab again.
        But I think the most simple way to fix it is taking 8400 out of your PC.
        Wish it helps.
        terry5

Comment

Working...
        X