Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coverting MKV to WMV Audio Sync Issue

Hi all,

I'm having an issue converting an MKV movie I have into a WMV file using DVDFab converter.

the MKV file plays fine on my windows 7 computer but I cannot get it to play on my Xbox 360. Even Transcoding doesn't work for what ever reason.

I tried using DVDFab converter to change it to a WMV file which works but the audio starts to get out of sync about an hour into the film and ends up over a second out of sync by the end of the film.

This was done using the Xbox360 WMVv10 profile with a framerate of 23.976 (which is the source framerate) and the audio was set to dolby Pro Logic (which is the source framerate).

So I tried doing the same thing but I set the framerate to 24fps. The film converted fine but the audio started to get out of sync about 30 minutes into the film.

Firstly, does anyone have an idea what could be causing the audio to get out of sync? is the movies framerate actually slightly lower than 23.976?? is that why this is happening?

I have ripped pretty much all of my DVD collection using DVD ripper straight to WMV and have had no issues what so ever, also I have ripped three Blue Ray movies straight to WMV and have had no issues either.

It just seems to be this one blue ray movie I ripped to an MKV file back in April before I started looking at using my xbox as a media center extender.

the MKV movie details are:

Video
    Resolution: 1280x536 (2.39.1)
    FPS: 23.976
    codec: MPEG4 ISO advanced

Audio
    Channels: 6
    Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
    Codec: Dolby DTS

I set the A/V codec settings to software because converting would fail with DXVA settings turned on.

Hi kdparton,

Please go to Conversion Settings window, change the audio channel to stereo, if the audio lag a little bit, please reset audio bitrate to larger number to see the result. hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

Hi kdparton,

Please use the default video setting and have a try. Please downlod MediaInfo and check the info of outputed video which converted.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X