A/V Sync Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/V Sync Problems

I'm having a number of audio/video sync problems converting to Xbox 360 WMV.
    I've experienced it on Bridesmaids, The Beaver, Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer, Transformers Dark of the Moon, etc.

I am using 8.1.2.9 QT and I have all the A/V Codecs set to "Software". I start by doing a DVD Copy to the hard drive and then a convert from there. The sync appears to be bad right from the beginning of these movies and does not appear to get much worse.

(However, I did have success converting Jerry Maguire, but perhaps that was because it is an older movie?)

Should I post the log for each one? Is there a way to adjust the sync and I'm just not proficient enough?

I've been using DVDFab since version 5, and I haven't seen this problem before. I have recently upgraded from Vista to Win7, but it doesn't happen to all movies so I'm not sure that is it.

Thanks!

I think that you'd better use DVDRipper to Xbox360 directly, may wish to try.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Ning View Post
      I think that you'd better use DVDRipper to Xbox360 directly, may wish to try.
      OK. I will give that a try, but before I was advised by DVDFab staff to copy the main movie to the hard drive first because it can prevent a sync problem from happening at the midpoint of the movie when it retrieves from another layer of the DVD (or something like that anyway).

Comment

I guess the sync doesn't seem to be quite as bad when converter to WMV directly from the DVD, but it is still not perfect like it used to be. I am using 8.1.3.2.

Comment

Seriously, am I the only one consistently experiencing audio sync problems when converting to WMV? I just tried the movie "Buck" and it is just as bad as the others. I have never has this problem with DVDfab before. It is making one of my favorite apps almost useless. Any suggestions, please?

Comment

Hi think1
            Please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15585

If still having problems post your logs the default location is:
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I've attached my logs. The audio seems to be about a second late and stays that way throughout the entire movie every time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Think1,
                I am having the exact same issues trying to go to an xbox360 (wmv) format. m2ts (high quality) is hit or miss with the audio stream not making it to the xbox. AVI works, but is too jittery to watch. I will start to gather data as well.

Comment

There is NO interest by the developers to fix this issue with WMV files. Take a few minutes and look through the previous posting over the last two years. Same issue - same answers. I was told here, it was a near dead format and I should look to other formats. I still use Fab to rip the DVD to the HD but have moved to other options for WMV conversions. Other formats will sync properly and still work with the XBOX albeit with less audio options. Best of luck.

Comment

Honestly, MRL, I think 2 years is an understatement.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yep - didn't want to find myself exaggerating though!

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Honestly, MRL, I think 2 years is an understatement.

Comment

Working...
                      X