MKV Multiple Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV Multiple Subtitles

I noticed that when trying to convert into MKV, there is no option to add more than one subtitle file. I tried to add both English and Spanish subtitles, but it only allows me to convert one or the other, not both. I does allow me to add the audio for both languages. Am I doing something wrong or does the video converter not support two subtitle conversions.

You may know that we can only rendering one subtitle to video file, external file is needed if we need more subtitles. Video Converter supports external ".srt" file which contains multiple subtitles. That is, you simply need a player supports external subtitles.

Comment

I have two SRT files, one for English and one for Spanish. I want to convert HD Divx to MKV that will have multiple subtitles within the MKV. DVDFAB will only allow me to add one SRT file per MKV conversion. I have never heard of one SRT file containing multiple languages. How do you that.

Comment

You can't!!

Don't use Fab for this job. Download and use the MKVMerge feature of MKVToolnix.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is a sad deficiency of Fab.

The ability to do this has been available in FREE software for at least 3 years that I know of.

Originally posted by farewell View Post
          You may know that we can only rendering one subtitle to video file, external file is needed if we need more subtitles. Video Converter supports external ".srt" file which contains multiple subtitles. That is, you simply need a player supports external subtitles.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X