Converter shuts down computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter shuts down computer

I had a thread in the Blu-Ray section a while back that Blu-Ray Copy was shutting my computer down during compression. Many suggestions later I still had my problem, unable to copy Blu-Ray.

I recently acquired an iPhone 4S and decided to try Video Converter. Imagine my surprise when that shut down my computer too. I am able to copy ordinary DVDs, by the way.

I am using an Asus B-53J notebook and an LG external Blu-Ray drive. I was converting a DVD folder created by DVDFab DVD Copy on my hard drive. It seemed to work for a while and then the computer shut down unexpectedly, just as it had with my Blu-Ray attempts.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

1. This sounds very much like a heat related problem.
    2. You should be using the "Ripper" modules, not "Video Converter"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the ripper module with the same result. I am monitoring temperature, and it isn't the problem. I think it has something to do with the switchable (between Intel and ATI) video architecture in the B53J.

I think I will have to resurrect my old desktop to use DVDFab. I think it won't work with this hardware, since no one was able to diagnose it before, either.

Comment

Working...
      X