No audio converting wmv files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio converting wmv files

I have been trying off and on for the last year (since I purchased DVD fab) to convert a number of wmv files saved from the net, and I have never, been able to successfully convert them - the video converts, but there is never any audio. The wmv files have been from different sources. I decided today to download the latest version of DVDfab and see if the problem had gone away. It hasn't. I first did a clean uninstall of my older version, restarted, ran CCleaner registry cleaner, restarted, installed DVDFab 8.1.6.3 as administrator, then ran it as administrator.

I then selected generic.avi.h264.audiocopy, framerate 29.97 fps, fast encoding, Frame resolution: 640x360, audioformat: same as source. Output type: Video+audio. The video converted, but there was no audio.

Media Info gives the following information about the audio stream of the original file:
    Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : WMA
    Format version : Version 2
    Codec ID : 161
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 9.2 - 127 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo Low Delay 1-pass CBR
    Duration : 5mn 3s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 127 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels

When I analyse the file created by DVD Fab, using Media Info, it gives the following information about the audio stream:

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : WMA
    Format version : Version 2
    Codec ID : 161
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
    Duration : 5mn 3s
    Bit rate : 127 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

This would seem to indicate that there is an audio stream there, but I am not able to play it. I have tried Windows Media Player 12 and VLC 2.0.0.

Windows 7 64
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard: Micro-Star MS-7519
    BIOS: American Megatrends V1.5 08/12/2008
    RAM: 8 Gb DDR2
    NVidia GeForce 9500 GT
    ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device (I updated the driver 1 week ago.)

skypilotpete
    Please try following:
    (1) Download and install Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and try to play your content with it
    (2) Try to recode your original audio into different format (aac or mp3) by selecting not audiocopy preset, but aac or mp3 preset and see what would happen
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have downloaded the latest version of Windows Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, and that is unable to play the audio stream either. When I first played the converted file, I got a message saying that my DivX was not up to date, which is strange, since all of my windows updates are completely up-to-date and the Windows Divx testing tool said that I had DivX 11 installed. However, to make doubly sure, I downloaded the latest DivX package and installed it. Now, instead of no audio at all, I get electronic pops, crackles and squeaks instead of an audio track.

I then ran DVDFab again, and converted the original file to generic.avi.divx.mp3 and generic.avi.h264.aac. Same problem. This time, when I tried to run play them in Windows Media Player Classic, I got an error message, which I have attached as a jpeg.

My next experiment was to try converting the file to DVD using Other Software. This was successful, with no problems at all. Then I used DVDFab DVD Ripper, to convert the DVD files to generic.avi.divx.audiocopy, which was successfully accomplished, with no problems. The video and audio play perfectly in all players. This seems to indicate to me that there is no problem with the original audio track - it's just that DVDFab video converter can't handle it.

I then decided to try converting another file format - so I converted an flv file, using the same profiles as above. This time, DVDfab came up with a "successfully converted" file, that none of my players can play at all - no video, audio, no nothing. This is extremely frustrating. DVDFab DVD ripper has always worked really well for me, but I have never managed a successful file conversion with Video Converter.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CBR929; 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Working...
      X