Sync Issues with Video Converter in .AVI Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync Issues with Video Converter in .AVI Format

I would like to say hello to everyone as this is my first post, and also apologise for not being able to post the log file for my problem (as I'm posting this from work)

I downloaded the trial version of this product to test before buying. What I would like to do is use this program to convert some old TV shows I have in 4:3 .AVI format to 16:9 .AVI format ( I know this isn't ideal but I'm not bothered about that).

So I ran a conversion using generic avi audiocopy and selecting the 16:9 ratio option from the drop down box in picture/video settings (can't remember exactly what its called). Ran the conversion and hey presto the sound is completely out of sync, and not just by a little, it must be a good few seconds out of sync.

After reading the forum regarding similar issues, I downloaded the trial version to my girlfriends laptop and did this:

Open Fab click the Click the Green √ at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.

Unfortunately I got exactly the same result, obviously now I can no longer use the trial version of the video converter to try and remedy the problem. But apart from doing the above does anyone have any ideas what I could try and also any ideas on how I can evaluate the video converter properly (rather than one single use) if there is a solution.

At the moment I'm glad I haven't bought this product as the function I would use it most for seems inherently flawed and broken, and lets be honest - It's not exactly cheap is it!

So any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone out there got any ideas, how to remedy the sync issue?

85 views and not a single reply

Comment

Working...
    X