AVI to any other format video conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVI to any other format video conversion

I used to have an easier time, but now my fail rate is at almost 100 percent. WHERE'S THE SUPPORT???

I start out with a DVD copy of the main movie (which is suggested by the DVDFab group) which saves it in a folder that can only be played by a VLC player (used to be able to copy to a mp4 format put because this no longer works for me due (audio is always missing) to setting changes or whatever copying to the VLC seems my only option) ....fine. When I select the movie folder to do a conversion to say mp4 or any other format I wind up with 4 or 5 pieces of the movie instead of 1 mp4. Clearly this has got to be a setting somewhere. Even a link to detailed and easy instruction on the following would be greatly appreciated.

So my 2 questions are...

how do I copy a dvd to mp4 (or any other file) and have audio.

How do I use video converter on a movie file so my end result is 1 movie instead of many pieces of a movie
    Thank you for any insight
    Last edited by jenniferjjn; 05-13-2012, 11:18 PM. Reason: adding info

To make an mp4 from the folder on the hard drive you need to be using the DVD Ripper module, not the Video Converter. I just made an mp4 with aac audio and it worked fine. The profile will default to 5.1 multichannel audio at a very high bit rate that will not play on any portable device I know of (will play on VLC though). Click the edit button and check the audio (lower left of screen) if it is set to 5.1 audio change to stereo and set the bit rate to 160 kbps. You should be good to go.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

To answer the second part of your question in DVD Ripper make sure "No Split" is set. See attached for a screen shot of both settings.
      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

thank you very much for the help. Still been trial and error regarding getting the audio on the mp4 rip I don't have a 160 kbps or cant find it, so I set it to 128 for starters.

Comment

Should work ok.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X