generic.mkv.h264.ac3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generic.mkv.h264.ac3

I've been having issues with the dvdfab rippers chopping video tracks short at the end of the film. In an attempt to trouble shoot, I tried to rip to a mkv.remux (strait copy) profile and noticed it copies the complete video and audio tracks. So I thought I could just use the Video Converter to transcode the the file to a compressed version.

So using the Video Converter, I select "to MKV", then select my remux MKV file, and then select the generic.mkv.h264.ac3 profile. But when open the Conversion Settings, the Audio Format: ac3 Channel does not give me the 5.1 Multichannel option and the maximum audio Bitrate I can select is 192 kbps.

I normally transcode to ac3 5.1 Multichannel 512 kbps. So I tried to make my own profile via copying ac3 5.1 Multichannel 512 kbps information from another profile where I can select it. In addition, I tried using the Profile Editor to make a new profile. Neither worked. Its like generic.mkv.h264.ac3 profile ignores any audio profile settings and only gives the crap settings.

Is there any way to override or force the Video Converter to use the desired settings? The source mkv files are already high quality DVD ac3 tracks or blu ray DTS tracks.

Thanks!
    Last edited by zerocult; 06-01-2012, 05:05 AM.

Hi zerocult,
    Please update your fab to the latest version 8186 firstly. The original DVDFab Video Convert doesn't have the profile generic.mkv.h264.ac3. You can use DVDFab Profile Editor to create a new profile.
    Launch Profile Editor->Click Modify Profile->Select mkv.h264.ac3->Select Audio Option->Select 512kbps as Bit Rate->Next->Save to DVDFab.
    You can use the created modified profile to do the conversion.
    Wish it helps.

Comment

Working...
    X