Video Convertor - Won't Run Properly in Batch Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Convertor - Won't Run Properly in Batch Mode

When I try and run Video Convertor on a batch of .mp4 files to convert them to .avi, the conversion seems to start correctly, running at a reasonable speed for my laptop (about 65fps, taking 11 minutes or so for a 33 minute video). I'm using the 'generic' setting.

When it gets to the end of the first file it stops, and just waits, never going on to the next file. I've been testing it with three files in the batch, but changing the number doesn't make any difference. I have to hit cancel and then finish to get out of the conversion process.

The .avi file it creates on the first conversion looks ok, being about 230Mb as I'd expect, but if you try and play it the player reports it as being about 103 minutes long and it only shows the opening frames. There's no sound either but that could either be related to the issue I'm seeing or a simple setting I have wrong.

I've tried converting the .mp4 files to .mkv h264.acc as another test and that seems to work ok in that it does the first file and then goes onto the second, but it stops after the second one (it runs a bit slower and takes a bit longer to get there but it's more or less the same). Problem is, I don't want mkv files even if this did work properly. Finally I tried to convert to xbox360.wmv.wma9 and that does the first and second files then gives an error on the third (mobile work failed(504.00 0 error: filter name(native_mux), type(128), id(12), get std_exception(bad allocation)).

I tested this on an older laptop and it worked, but since I have this new machine I have the problem. It's Windows 7 Enterprise, with a Core i5, 4Gb RAM and plenty of disk space. I have VLC Media Player installed. I use the DVD Ripper and it works fine on the same laptop.

Anyone have a similar experience or a fix? I see some posts that look similar but it's not easy to work out what the fix is from those.

I'm not an expert with video conversion in general though I'm fairly computer literate, so any suggestions would be welcome. It seems intermittent, which is why I think I'm struggling to spot what's wrong.

I have an old desktop with Windows XP, but it's incredibly slow so I haven't tested it on that yet.

I've attached the internal log fille, which seems to be the only log file in the DVDFab Log subdirectory.

Kind regards
    Attached Files
Working...
X