3D bluray clone on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D bluray clone on PS3

I currently use a media player on my home network for playing all ISO's I create.
    However, I'm curious why the CLONE function that essentially makes what I understand to be an identical copy of the original Bluray doesn't make the Cinavia obselete. I have the purchased Amazing Spiderman 3D and have a PS3 with latest software updates (I use Netflix alot on it so have to have the updates along with gaming) for playing all of my 3D blurays.
    Can someone explain how the Cinavia works to prevent playback on these players when you are making an exact replica of the 3D bluray?

Cinava is a sony product and effects Sony disks.Audio is muted after 20 mins of playing the newer disks on infected players.PlayStation is a sony product with the latest upgrades it is now a infected player and always will be.The disks have a code in them which will mute the audio in players that have the software to read this code.Two ways around this is buy a 3d player or 3d media player that doesn't have the software in the player their are topics on this bb about this look around.The other is play the soundtrack with the narrator telling what each person is saying as that's the only soundtrack not effected by cinava.And i found after the first 20 mins stop the disk then wait awhile and play the disk again for another 20 mins then stop again sometimes this will work but you have to keep stopping the disk.Better to protest all sony goods as a lot of us have effecting their bottom line is the only way to defeat this.
    Last edited by glenns; 11-28-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

FYI link:

Cinavia Protection
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I understand Cinavia is like the modern day Macrovision, but what I want to know is how it works when an exact CLONE copy is made of the original. CLONE should mean that it's identical in every way to the original so I'm not understanding why the CLONE function wouldn't allow playback on any device because all of the data (including the copy protection) is copied onto the physical BD50 disc.
        So, why doesn't the CLONE function work on a 3D Bluray for playback on a PS3 (or any other Bluray player)?

Comment

Clone will make a exact copy minus the copy protection.If you copied the copy protection you can't open the disk on a computer to do anything with it other than play it.The fab software can't take out the cinavia because its part of the soundtrack like a watermark.Read the link provided by the other poster and you will learn more.

Comment

I still don't understand why the identical copy won't work. If one is chopping down the movie and certain portions aren't copied I could understand that ceratin watermarks are not copied, audio is omitted, etc.
            How is it that Cinavia disables the copy from working if in theory it's an identical copy of the original?

Comment

You can never make it 100% identical, studio released and purchased movies are molded into the plastic disc and backups are laser burned onto a one size fits all foil layer on the disc. Duplicating is not replicating.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                You can never make it 100% identical, studio released and purchased movies are molded into the plastic disc and backups are laser burned onto a one size fits all foil layer on the disc. Duplicating is not replicating.

So in essence, the copy is not recognized by the PS3 (for example) as being a real store purchased disc even using the CLONE function?

Comment

Bingo! Some included code on the disk is being executed or the mechanism to suppress the Cinavia protection is molded onto the plastic disc and can't be duplicated with burner. I don't know and apparently a lot of people a lot smarter than me don't know either or they would turn it off.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X