Which audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which audio?

DVDFab is extremely confusing. I want to convert an mkv with dolby, DTS and HD Audio tracks. My choices I get for audio are mono, stereo, dolby and dolby II. These are for all tracks (not mono for a track or stereo for one track) - I'm assuming. Thus choosing mono means 5 tracks of mono (same) not each track being a different sound/track. If so, why isn't the dolby and DTS being passed through and unchanged or DTS being decoded to individual tracks?

Select an mkv audiocopy profile to pass through all audio.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I don't think that is working as planned. I'm trying to go from mkv to a format that allows me to build a bluray for playing easily (mkv isn't recognized.) I chose m2ts.ac3.high_quality - shouldn't that profile have worked? It says "mono" as a preset for each track. Any attempt to use or change this results in a 2 channel file being created.

Comment

I didn't realize you were using converter I was on a completely different track! Are the audio streams you want available on the original file?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Everything is available in the file - video, audio and subtitles. Thanks

Comment

you need to use the creator option to do what you want, it will create the structure and burn the BR disc for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks - I was actually just looking to do the conversion and use multiavchd for creation using the most appropriate format so you don't need to transcode again. The real pain is that I paid all this money for converter and I'd have to pay more to use "creator" to practically do the same thing with one exception - set up the files for burning. I'm not about to spend again full price to get what I have which is 95% of the battle!

Comment

Working...
              X