Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for conversion guidelines (noob content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for conversion guidelines (noob content)

I'm new to DVDFab, just bought the AI1 Lifetime.

Can someone tell me or point me off in the right direction, as to whats the best settings to use for a good balance that will generate a small file size and high quality picture?

What to comercial DVD's use when they include a "digital copy" of a movie?

I've made a few tests, with variying degree of sucess, but my file size is still about 1-2GB.

I'm looking to view these on my 10" ASUS Tablet.

Well, for a start, you can't compete with commercial DVD's/iTunes as they start with a better master for production.

You will have to ascertain what your tablet will play but I would start with an MP4 with resolution width of 720 pixels (height will vary depending of the aspect ratio of the title) using the mp4.h264.mp3 profile with a video bitrate of around ~800kbps. (You can adjust this with the bits/pixel slider) and audio set to stereo 128 kbps.

You may have to also adjust the volume.

This would be a good start point.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Well, for a start, you can't compete with commercial DVD's/iTunes as they start with a better master for production.

You will have to ascertain what your tablet will play but I would start with an MP4 with resolution width of 720 pixels (height will vary depending of the aspect ratio of the title) using the mp4.h264.mp3 profile with a video bitrate of around ~800kbps. (You can adjust this with the bits/pixel slider) and audio set to stereo 128 kbps.

You may have to also adjust the volume.

This would be a good start point.
      Well if I start with Blu-Ray source, it can't be that bad. Right?

My Tablet is an ASUS TF300 with the following basic specs:
      NVIDIA® Tegra3™ Quad-Core
      1GB Memory
      10.1" LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800) Screen

So I assume it SHOULD be able to handle just about anything I throw at it.

I'll see what these basic specs do for me. Thanks

Comment

I don't know much about tablets, but I used to have a PC that had a 1.4Ghz AMD Athlon processor, 1Gb of system memory, 32Mb of which went to video, and two 20GB hard drives, and it wasn't all that great for watching video. Sometimes it was ok, but the higher the resolution of the video I tried to play, the more of a slideshow it would be. Perhaps you'll have better results, but I looked up the specs on your tablet and I would not assume it would be able to handle just about anything you throw at it. However, as I started off by saying, I don't know much about tablets... I could be talking nonsense, because tablets and PC are two different animals. But from what I know, the specs are similar, thus I would expect about the same kind of results.

Comment

Working...
        X