Creating Home Movies on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Home Movies on DVD

Can you use the DVDFab video converter to turn .MOV, .FLV and .MP4 movies into standard format DVD's? I have tons of home movies I've shot with my digital camera and a bunch of misc. movie clips I've downloaded from the Internet that I would like to turn into DVD's.

I hate to be a pest, but I really do need an answer here. Is DVDFab Video Converter what I need to do this?

Comment

You will need the DVD Creator module. Give the free trial a try.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I tried that and had mixed results. I've recorded several movies with my digital camera in .MOV format. DVD Creator didn't convert them very well. Each clip was played in one second, regardless of original length. However, .MP4 files worked. So now I need to see if converting the .MOV files into .MP4 files first, then burning a DVD will work better. I don't know if I want to do that, but if it works I suppose that is what I'll have to do because all of my family's home movies are in 1920x1080p HD .MOV format.

Will it work the same way as burning a DVD to create DVD files on the Hard Drive instead of actually burning the files onto DVD's, as a means of testing how this works? I've already tossed several DVD's from testing so far. They may only cost 25 cents each, but that will add up quickly.

Comment

You're wasting your time.

Just buy a media player that pays you MOV files natively.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well, the whole point of all this has been to avoid either having to plug the camera into the TV to watch the movies, or loading up my hard drive with .MOV files which I can play in several different movie players. I only have about 100Gb of memory cards for the camera though, so it's looks like I will just have to buy more, or a bigger hard drive. I never thought I would need a bigger hard drive than 2Tb. But these HD home movies are about 100Mb a minute.
            Last edited by Axel Slingerland; 10-29-2013, 04:53 AM. Reason: Cain't spel worf beens

Comment

Working...
            X