Losing Chapter in MKV conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Chapter in MKV conversion

I'm trying to shrink down a .mkv file I have. Effectively, I'm loading in the .mkv and using the MKV profile to reduce it in size. The original .mkv has several audio tracks, subtitles, etc. and existing chapter markers. When I use Converter with the MKV profile the resulting .mkv doesn't have the chapters in it.

Is there a way to preserve the chapters from the original file?

Originally posted by colossus71 View Post
    I'm trying to shrink down a .mkv file I have. Effectively, I'm loading in the .mkv and using the MKV profile to reduce it in size. The original .mkv has several audio tracks, subtitles, etc. and existing chapter markers. When I use Converter with the MKV profile the resulting .mkv doesn't have the chapters in it.

Is there a way to preserve the chapters from the original file?
    hi, colossus71

We will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by lixichen View Post
      hi, colossus71

We will solve this problem as soon as possible.
      As always, thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I just bought the Converter module and after converting some files and deleting the sources had to notice that the chapters were gone.

I could not imagine that DVDfab won't preserve chapters as other - free - software like xxxxxxxxxxx preserves chapters by default.

Picture quality of converted file is unbeaten so far though.

Converting multiple files the dialog won't keep my setting concerning "interlace", even if I check "apply to all" (für alle übernehmen). I have to manually change this setting in extended settings for mkv-profile for each task.

Is there any news when the chapter-problem might be fixed?

Additionally it would be nice to have a feature to change the default audio-channel on conversion.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerly Matthias
        Last edited by 90312; 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM. Reason: Naming other software is against forum rules.

Comment

Just checking in to see if there was any progress on preserving chapter markers when converting .mkv files (to smaller .mkv's). I tried one today with 9.1.5.5 using Converter and noticed it still removes the markers.

Comment

Working...
          X