Converting DVD to DivX HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting DVD to DivX HD

I'm using a feature on Fab that I have never used before. I'm trying to convert to a DivX HD format for use on the USB port on an LG TV. I know that the TV accepts DivX and DivX HD so I did some research and found that using the avi.xvid.audiocopy would work.
    I converted the DVD to this file type and place on a USB drive. When connecting to the TV I get a nothing. The file is there as an AVI but wont play. I tried via music and pictures on the USB menu of the TV. Any thoughts? I'm sure there is a simple step I'm missing here.
    I have been using the copy feature for DVD's and BD for years to make my back-ups as well as mobile mp4. No issues so far. This however is new to me.

Check your manual if you don't have it you can get most manuals on line.Their's are u tube videos on this subject on utube.
    Last edited by glenns; 06-08-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Give mkv.x264 a try, works great on my Panasonic.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

If you only have Music & Pictures in the TV menu, it indicates to me that it's an older LG that didn't play video.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just bought this years LG 42" TV and was considering what format I should use.

I tried putting a flash drive with a DVD folder on it. It can play the VOBs but won't play the ifo.

I used to convert to divx with AutoGordiansKnot but that's a hassle.

Thinking of buying the converter part of DVDfab, I just have DVDcopy right now.

That's the simplest way to make movies for a flash drive?

Thanks

Comment

Hi tacman7
            Not knowing what format your TV will play you will have to read the manual and decide from there. My Samsung will play almost anything.

You would need to use the ripper function in Fab, not the converter option.
            Run some tests using a few chapters to decide what works for you.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by tacman7 View Post
              It can play the VOBs but won't play the ifo.
              This would suggest you require more functionality than just 'playing the main movie'...

Currently, I'm not aware of any 'Smart TV' that offers chapter or subtitle selection. And very few Smart TV's offer audio track selection...
              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I read that LG plays mp4.

So I'd like to try the converter in DVDfab to see if it works.

Haven't been able to do that yet.

It's supposed to be a trial installed or do I have to do download it?

Anyway to try it before I buy?

Thanks

Comment

You download the whole package everytime, the trial will begin the first time you try it. Like CBR929 said ripper is what you want to use, not converter.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X