Edit screen resets custom output resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit screen resets custom output resolution

If my source clip is 1920x800 and I want to convert to a custom resolution of 1920x1080 (so it adds black bars and keeps the aspect ratio). I enter the resolution in the conversion window but when I go to the edit screen the resolution has gone back to 1920x800.
    If I choose to convert to a custom resolution, the edit screen should obey that and work with it.
    The same for if I use custom resolution of 720x576 and I want to add a 16:9 tag so my TV stretches it to Widescreen, I go to the Edit screen and my resolution has been reset.

The edit screen resets the custom resolution. Please fix.

Thanks for feedback, I will feedback to our developers.

You can change the resolution to 1920*1080 in Advanced Settings page instead of into edit screen as temporary solution.

Comment

The reason I ask is for example, my source clip is 1920x800 and I set my output resolution to 1920x1080, this will add black bars and keep the aspect ratio. If I then goto the edit screen to add an amount of Pan Scan to zoom the picture and reduce the black bars a bit. I still want the output resolution to be 1920x1080.

Also the option to add a 16:9 tag to 720x576 (like a DVD would) for example. If I enter 720x576 as my output resolution, add the 16:9 ratio tag so my TV stretches it to widescreen but the resolution is still 720x576.

Comment

Working...
      X