Converter unpredictably goes to "sleep"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter unpredictably goes to "sleep"

Scenario: Drag (*.wtv) files to DVDFab 9.1.9.2 to convert to (*.mp4) in same directory using CUDA Lightning-Shrink. (This problem does not appear to be related to hardware acceleration though, since switching to CPU encoding has the same problem, just 30x slower)

Press "Start" process starts, some number of files will complete, meaning the task progress bar goes green, and the completion sound is played, and an .mp4 file shows up in the output directory. At some point, the next file won't start, the Time Elapsed will continue to increment, and Time Left will remain at 00:00:00 forever. Yeah, Forever.

The only way to stop this process is to press "cancel" then "finish." De-select the next file in the task queue, then press "start" again. The process will start again, but with certainty will soon die again.

The first time I noticed this problem was around DVDFab 6. This has been an issue since then, off an on, so mostly I've been using other tools to do my converting. But now with Lightning-Shrink, I want to use your software again because it is wildly faster. I'm motivated to hopefully resolve this software problem once and for all for that reason.

My "bad" source files convert without errors using FFMPEG, handbrake, and NERO recode. I can also watch them, and they don't seem to have any problems or artifacts, so I dont' think there is anything grossly wrong with them. Only DVD-Fab seems to have an issue with converting them.

I'm happy to make several of them available to anybody who can help to resolve this issue. I can post links here, for example if that is the best way to proceed. Some are as small as 3G, so it should be pretty easy to try them out.

Any ideas?
    I've attached a screenshot of how I found Nero when I got home from work today, again.
    Attached Files

Could you check whether the "fabcore.exe" process is still running ?.

I've had a similar problem where the fabcore process would crash, leaving the UI is a seemingly frozen state.

Comment

At one point there was a limit on how many files you could put in the queue. I keep it fewer than 10 and don't see this at all.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X