Some wmv files fail when converting to MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some wmv files fail when converting to MP4

I'm having trouble converting wmv files to MP4. Some succeed, others fail-and when they fail they don't produce a DVDFab error message, just a Windows error that lets me close the program. (Or perform a useless online search for a solution.) I can't see any difference in the properties between the files that succeed & the ones that fail. WinX HD Video Converter processes them fine-except it lowers the bitrate. It's getting frustrating. Any ideas? Can I upload a log file without a DVDFab error message? Thanks.

Please post DVDFab internal log file.

It's better to give us the source info, you can check it by MediaInfo (Free tool).
    MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Can't seem to download MediaInfo & not too sure I want to anyway since it openly says that it's ad supported. I suppose I could use it then uninstall it so maybe I'll do that if I can get it to download.

Meantime I've upgraded to 9.1.9.6 so I'll see if that fixed the problem. If not then I'll post back with the log-but which log should I post? I see two named 'internal': dvdfab_internal & fabcheck_internal.

Thanks.

Comment

Still can't download MediaInfo w/ Installer. I managed to download the 7-Zip file without the installer but found no instructions about how to install it.

DVDFab 9.1.9.6 still fails converting some wmv files. I've attached the fabcheck_internal log. The dvdfab_internal log is too large. Can I zip it & upload the zipped file? Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

You can edit the dvdfab internal log file with Notpad and then post the current conversion log.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X