Help! Problem about converting MKV to MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Problem about converting MKV to MP4

I have GTX 980 graphic card, and i7 cpu.

when i tried to convert MKV files to MP4 format, the encoding FPS just keep doping.

When i tried with other converting software, it works fine, even they are free.
    I bought this because it has better 2D to 3D conversion.

but sometimes converting from MKV to other format is really slow, or sometimes does not work.

I have a similar rig and was able to reproduce the issue. It occurred to me the "free" solution does not use CUDA so I disabled it FAB and the conversion hummed right along. So disable the GPU stuff for conversions and you should be fine.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Try pass-through audio to see if it's copy protection issue

I noticed this on some files when using CUDA HW accelleration for H.265 encoding: The Nvidia video engine load drops from 90+% to zero after a few seconds and the FPS counts computes a bogus dropping average, while the process is essentially stuck.

However, when I switched to audio-pass through processing, the file converted at usual speeds (pretty fantastic 300-600FPS), because the CUDA libraries don't get to 'see' the copy protection watermarks embedded in the audio tracks.

Seems to me something like Cinavia is also present in BDs and their rips and there is nothing that DVDfab can do directly about it, because they just call the CUDA libraries Nvidia provides which implement the check and block.

Comment

Working...
      X