Help converting to MPEG-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help converting to MPEG-1

I have converted several of my DVD's to M4V format to play on my Ipad, I have just purchased a new Sony Bravia 49X830C and would love to be able to play the movies off of my portable hard drive. From what I have read the only format compatible to play from a USB device is MPEG-1. I can not find a way to convert in DVDFab. Can anyone help me. From what I can see, either this TV is not as Smart as it could be or I am not LOL.

Try a few things Pam, that TV should play about anything. Start with H.264 MKV and experiment a little.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Try a few things Pam, that TV should play about anything. Start with H.264 MKV and experiment a little.
      Indeed...

According to the televisions user manual it supports the following video formats/containers: -

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Wow, is that chart different from what I have!

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

Comment

Originally posted by PamS View Post
          Wow, is that chart different from what I have!
          http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/suppor...pl?info_id=800
          Yes... That chart is very different to your manual.

Sufficed to say, 'smart tv's' are quite smart these days
          Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 03-29-2016, 08:29 AM.
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Well, after trying several formats I got in touch with Sony. MPEG is the only format that works! From all the reading I have done, this was a cost cutting measure! So, as far as I am concerned, they dumbed down the Smart TV. I am back at square one, I loved playing the movies off the hard drive but guess I am going to have to go back to the DVD's.

Comment

Hi Pam
              All is not lost, you could get a media player to play your movies off a Hdd. I'm sure one on my friends here will give you some good advice as to a good media player.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by PamS View Post
                Well, after trying several formats I got in touch with Sony. MPEG is the only format that works! From all the reading I have done, this was a cost cutting measure!
                Jeez, that's shocking!

I'll see if I can dig-out some samples for you to try...

Comment

Sony tv

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  try a few things pam, that tv should play about anything. Start with h.264 mkv and experiment a little.
                  what i would do is get a smart blu-ray player like an lg. And let it play your your usb devices to the tv thru your hdmi cable works for me

Comment

Working...
                  X