How convert Blu-Ray 3D ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How convert Blu-Ray 3D ISO

Hi I've previously ripped all my Blu-rays to ISO files so I could play them via a media box on my projector.
    I now want to play these ISO's (especially the 3D ones) on an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive VR headset.
    From what I've read I need to convert the ISO's to 1920x540 SBS files. Which I assume means a total resolution of 1920x1080.
    I upgraded to the latest DVDFab last night because I saw that it could rip 3D blu-rays to SBS 3D. I searched hard to find that option in DVDFab or for a description of how to do what I wanted to do. The only place I could find mention of 3D SBS was in the Advanced settings for the Copy option so I used that. I mounted the ISO file and used the copy option to convert the largest ts file with the Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D option enabled. This converted the 33GB ts file to a 44GB ts file but at least it was now seen as SBS and 1920x1080. I then used the Converter to convert that file to MP4 and the resulting file was 6GB. I've viewed this file in the Rift and it is quite a good 3D image but have I done it the best way? Is there a more direct way to do this in DVDFab perhaps without expanding and then contracting the file which may be losing quality.
    Thanks, John.

Try here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tips.htm

Comment

Thank you. I hadn't seen those tips and having read some, I see now that I hadn't realised the profile icon was a button to allow the profile to be changed.
      I'm converting again now so I'll see what comes out of it.

Comment

Use the ripper modual for this just drag the iso in Fab ripper on the left click whatever shows up in the format box to show all the formats for 3d then click on mp4 side by side choice drag the iso into fab first then click on advance settings their you can set the quality for video.

i always use hi quality in the pull down box this makes a bigger file but looks good on my 160 inch projection screen however if your using the file just for a small screen then standard video quality will be fine and it will be a smaller file you can keep the hd sound by clicking on audio copy but again that will be a bigger file or use the ac3 Dolby digital or just stereo sound to make a smaller file.

My advice is if your going to use the same file for both your projection and for your other small screen devices is to use hi quality for video setting and keep hd sound I also make mine 3d mkvs not mp4s because the mkvs can handle the newer hd Dolby Amos soundtracks should your home theater be able to play them.You can also click on preserve chapters so you can use them to jump around the movie and 50 percent for frame size as set by default.

You can also make a uncompressed side by side by using the copy modual and check make 3d side by side this will make a very large side by side file.

Comment

Working...
        X