Slower than expected conversion speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slower than expected conversion speed

I seem to be getting slower than expected conversion rates when I try to compress Blu-rays to a smaller size.... I remember doing this before and getting roughly 60 Fps, and now I'm only getting 30-35 Fps... I remember DVDFab being able to compress a movie only copy of a Blu-ray in about 2 hours, and now it takes anywhere from 3 1/2 to 5 hours... Is there something I am missing?
    Attached Files

Hello rhgauld,

Please refer to the settings in the image attached below to adjust your CUDA settings, and then choose a profile that comes with DVDFab rather than the profile(MKV Bruce) to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CUDA settings.png
Views:	257
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	351441

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

I followed your suggestion, and it made no difference, other than the fact it dropped to about 25fps, which obviously took even longer...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

From the log file, this time you were doing 2-pass conversion; CUDA acceleration is not enabled for 2-pass conversion.

Please use 1-pass and follow the settings on my previous post to have a try.
        You can also try to set it as Software for Video Encoder for H.264 & H.265 under A/V codec window to convert again.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Working...
        X