No announcement yet.

Video converter can't or won't convert video files with multiple audio tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video converter can't or won't convert video files with multiple audio tracks

I had converted a large portion of my dvd / blu ray collection to digital last year into .MP4 and most of them are around 10gb or higher, so a couple months ago I found out about the X265 setting and had been converting those movies into smaller files, which I am not sure when dvdfab got the ability to do. So a month ago I tried dvdfab to convert a video file, which had 3 audio tracks, to a x265 mkv and dvdfab would not do it, it showed the time remaining growing and growing till it just zeroed out, even with the elapsed timer still going.
    So I looked for other ways to and came across handbrake, which works great, but for some reason when encoding video with it, shows its using 90-100% of my CPU, dvdfab only ever shows its using 7-15% of my CPU, so I recently decided to give dvdfab another try.
    Now most of the time, when re-encoding a video file with just a single audio track, I have no issue and it takes less then 15 minutes to do, BUT if i select 2 or more audio tracks, it will not re-encode the video file at all, why ? Many people had told me when I built this pc, it was way overpowered for just playing games and it has no problem encoding video at 4k, so not sure why this is an issue.
    OK so I decided to let it encode while typing this and it took the video over 30 min, but dvdfab popped up and said task was complete, but there is no video file ?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
    Intel Core i7 6800K @ 3.40GHz
    Broadwell-E/EP 14nm Technology

RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Manufacturer NVIDIA
    Model GeForce GTX 1070

Hi, kradnam, please send us dvdfab_internal log for the operation, thanks. The default location for log file is:
    C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab10\Log

Comment

After it reaching the point of 30 or 45 minutes, i quit the process, cuz it just goes till it zeroes out (00:00:00) and stays like that for awhile, so i wasn't gonna let it sit here for hours, here is the file showing one of the video files of the many that will not convert.
      thanks in advance for any help with this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for the log. We have forwarded the problem to the QA team to reproduce. Any news, I will update you. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
          Hi, thanks for the log. We have forwarded the problem to the QA team to reproduce. Any news, I will update you. Thanks.
          Thanks, it happens on most of the movies I try to convert that have more than 1 audio file, although I had found a solution to it for now, but it takes way longer.
          I remux the file using MKVtoolnix, then I can convert it to x265 with dvdfab, some times I can do all the audio tracks, sometimes not and if not, then I convert it with the main audio file and then remux the additional audio files back in with MKVtoolnix.
          Again, not ideal, but it works.
          Anyways let me know what ya find out, if its something with the encoding or if you need more info.

Comment

The issue has been fixed. Please download and install DVDFab x64 10.2.0.5 Beta at http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download....FAB10_x64_BETA to try again.

Comment

Working...
            X