DVDFab Forum - 2-pass h.265 transcoding with hardware acceleration (nVidia CUDA/NVENC)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2-pass h.265 transcoding with hardware acceleration (nVidia CUDA/NVENC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-pass h.265 transcoding with hardware acceleration (nVidia CUDA/NVENC)

I am very happy to see that DVDFab got HW-acceleration feature for 2-pass transcoding! As I tested it I was not sure what I get.

DVDfab does not show "first pass of two passes / second pass of two passes", I see only a nearly constant CPU and GPU usage (at about halftime there should be some change) and if I abort the transcoding procedure at an early stage I get a playable segment of the video (which should be not possible)... All these suggest that there is no real 2-pass encoding going on.

I must assume that 2-pass HW-accelerated transcoding is applied as a single-pass with some "lookahead". Could you clarify this for us?

PS: some h.264 files fail to transcode too, I have to set all decoders to DXVA from CUDA to get it work, and DVDFab shows only a single-pass transcoding. But I guess the files were not correcty in some ways...

CUDA should be supported in 2-pass, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file, which could be helpful to check the problem. Thanks.
    DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
    For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
    For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

Guide for adding attachments in a post
    --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

Comment

hi alonsomosley,

cuda two pass use NVENC HardWare two pass, will not like soft x264 two pass have two encode flow(pass 1 get some data, pass 2 use pass 1 data),
      It will be run on Nvidia driver and Nvenc chips.
      About error problem, please post log.

Yours,
      Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab9_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab9\Log
      For DVDFab10_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab10/Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X