MKV.H265 convert produces zero length video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV.H265 convert produces zero length video

When attempting to encode a video using the MKV.H265 profile using hardware acceleration the encode immediately succeeds producing a zero length video file.

The attached log includes creation of an ISO image using the copy module, creation of main title mkv using the ripper module, the attempt to perform the encode with hardware acceleration enabled (failed) followed by a partial encode with hardware acceleration disabled (appeared to be working), and finally an encode from the previously created ISO image using the ripper module which succeeded.

I cancelled the software encode at about 11%, it seemed to be working ok.

There is one difference between the attempted converter encode and the ripper module encode. With the ripper module encode the video is auto cropped.
    Attached Files

Actually that should have been DVDFab v11.0.3.4 but this has been happening for a while.

Comment

When attempting to encode a video using the MKV.H265 profile using hardware acceleration the encode immediately succeeds producing a zero length video file.
      The QA team is trying to reproduce the problem. We will keep you updated.

Comment

Hi, we could not reproduce the problem, do you have problem with different movie sources? How about you upload the problematic source to our FTP for troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Hi, we could not reproduce the problem, do you have problem with different movie sources? How about you upload the problematic source to our FTP for troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.
          This happens with all ISO images I create with DvdFab.

The only difference I can think of is that, because I only have an external DVD drive (slow) on my Windows machine, I create the decrypted disk directory tree using MakeMKV on my Linux machine.

It's a bit of a stretch that this is causing a problem since other applications have no problem with the ripped mkv, Hybrid, Handbrake etc.
          Last edited by raven-au; 06-19-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I have also tried this with a DVD source and I see the same problem.
            Since this works fine for a software encode I suspect the problem is the Intel hardware acceleration with my device. it's a NUC8i7HNK.

Can you tell me how to upload a sample I see this problem with please?

Comment

Please check PM for info about upload sample. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X