Video Converter - UHD MKV to M2TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter - UHD MKV to M2TS

So here is my issue. I want to take a 4K UHD MKV video that was originally created as MKV Passthrough using DVDFAB UHD Ripper on a commercially available UHD movie. It has Atmos or DTS X and subtitles and is a passthrough of the original. So when I use Video Converter and select M2TS.4K.H265.10bit and select copy video and copy audio the result is about the same size as the original file but there is no video when played back on my Sony X800 or my computer using Leowo. I assume therefore that there is no video and the problem is not player specific. The audio is fine.

I can get it to work by selecting copy audio and DESELECTING copy video. I left all the default for video the same but just put 88000 kbps under bit rate in order to try to maintain the original high video rate. The resulting M2TS file had video and audio so that was good. However I notice that the resulting video bitrate is about half of what was on the original file. So whereas the original file might have a bitrate of 84 the resulting file may have 40 in that same spot on the movie. This is from the display on my Sony X800.

How can I accomplish a passthrough from an MKV H265 file to a M2TS H265 file and have them totally identical?

Hello, we are able to reproduce this issue, please kindly wait for update.

Comment

That's great to hear. Looking forward to having it work.

Comment

Working...
      X