Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant access the full file

Hi
    I am trying to edit a vob file that I recorded from a tv show. there is 7 seconds of video I wish to delete at the end of the file
    when I copy the content onto my hard drive the file appears and can be played in its entirety with player 5, however when I go to edit the file in the converter module only 11 seconds of video is available to work with. In windows explorer the file shows its duration as 11 seconds
    I do not know what I am doing wrong or how to fix the problem

Please use Mediainfo tool to analyze the vob file and post the text result here.
    It would be helpful if you can send us the vob file to check it out directly. Please kindly check PM, thanks.

Comment

UPDATE:

The file you uploaded was a movie folder rather than a single vob file.
      I have downloaded and tested your file. It works under Ripper module, please load this movie folder to Ripper mode to try again. You can use the Video Edit feature to delete the 7 seconds of video.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	trim.png
Views:	334
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	370516

Comment

thank you Mona
        I have been able to trim the 4 seconds that I actually needed to trim.
        The resulting file plays in player 5 (albeit with a timeline which is inaccurate) but when I try to burn the file to disk only 11 seconds of the file (from the beginning of the movie) can be written to a dvd.
        I have the same problem with 2 different computers
        what I am trying to achieve is to trim 4 seconds from the end of the movie file and burn the resultant file to dvd.

Comment

adding from my last post hopefully the logs will show what the problem is.
          The full length of unedited video is 47 minutes and 20 seconds
          I can burn the trimmed file which shows the whole of the edited file using nero but I cant get it to write in dvd5 format which would allow me to play the disk in a stand alone dvd player
          when checking the loaded file using dvd creator the duration shows 10 seconds but will play 47 minutes 16 seconds of video. After the process is complete less than 1 minute of video is burned to the dvd disk
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are my steps:
            1. Load the source video folder to Ripper, trim the last 4 second of the main movie title.
            2. Output this trimmed file to MP4.

Name:	1.png
Views:	258
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	370578
            3. Load this MP4 file to DVD Creator, using default settings, but save the output file to local hard drive as movie folder.

Name:	2.png
Views:	239
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	370577
            4. Playback the resulted file.

Name:	3.png
Views:	225
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	370579
            Attached Files