Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting a crf value for hardware encoding does not have any effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a crf value for hardware encoding does not have any effect.

I tried to encode a file with different crf values and every values came out as a output file of roughly the same size.
    I use a geforce 1650super for hardware acceleration.
    Lightning-shrink is disabled because it was causing framerate issues when I manually corrected the detected framerate. It was a dvd source of 23.976 fps and it was detected at 29.97 fps.

I tested values ranging from 1 to 30, all of them gave the same output file size.
    Using other tools, I can see file size changes from 15 and up usually.
    I'm aware that the nvenc encoder doesn't have a crf input value. It has a cq input value instead.

The dvdfab internal log is included.
    Attached Files

I have passed your report to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceharfang View Post
      I tried to encode a file with different crf values and every values came out as a output file of roughly the same size.
      I use a geforce 1650super for hardware acceleration.
      Lightning-shrink is disabled because it was causing framerate issues when I manually corrected the detected framerate. It was a dvd source of 23.976 fps and it was detected at 29.97 fps.

I tested values ranging from 1 to 30, all of them gave the same output file size.
      Using other tools, I can see file size changes from 15 and up usually.
      I'm aware that the nvenc encoder doesn't have a crf input value. It has a cq input value instead.

The dvdfab internal log is included.
      We could not duplicate the issue, please send one of the video sources to us to help duplicate the issue.

Comment

Working...
      X