Audio defaulting to 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio defaulting to 5.1

I noticed that when you rip a Blu-ray disc where the audio is 5.1, it defaults the audio to this. But, when you convert a video with 5.1 audio, it defaults to Dolby Prologic II. Shouldn't both programs default the audio the same way?

Click image for larger version

Name:	default audio.png
Views:	260
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	386411
    I assume you mean the audio section, mine is shown as above after I load the video to Converter.

Comment

I meant to say that when you go into advanced settings, it does not default the audio to 5.1

Comment

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
        I meant to say that when you go into advanced settings, it does not default the audio to 5.1
        Please use Mediainfo to analyze one of the video sources that defaults to Dolby Prologic II and then send us the result. Thanks.

Comment

For every 5.1 audio file, the advanced settings always defaults to Prologic II. Never have I seen it deafault yo 5.1. Have you even tried to duplicate this?

Comment

We cannot duplicate, so we need a media info result file to help check it out. Thanks.

Comment

The displayed file had only 1 audio track, 5.1. Image1 shows the screen after loading the file. Image2 shows the advanced setting screen showing that 5.1 audio is NOT selected as the default.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
                The displayed file had only 1 audio track, 5.1. Image1 shows the screen after loading the file. Image2 shows the advanced setting screen showing that 5.1 audio is NOT selected as the default.
                Which profile did you use? While switching to a different profile, the audio channel will differ.

Comment

i used the MP4 mobile (default). If the video only has 1 audio 5.1 track, it should be the default, no matter the profile
                  Last edited by oldManInFL; 11-10-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X