Remuxed SRT subs not carrying over to new file or direct rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remuxed SRT subs not carrying over to new file or direct rendering

When I use the Converter module to shrink an mkv to a more manageable size if there are SRT subs remuxed into the original mkv they are not added to the converted mkv.

For example, I recently converted a movie that had 1 SRT track and 3 PGS sub tracks. I chose to keep all four tracks and chose remux into file. The resulting mkv only has the 3 PGS sub tracks and not the SRT track. I had to extract the SRT track as an external subtitle track when I would have preferred it to be remuxed into the file.

Also, when trying to direct render subtitles it will not direct render an SRT track if the SRT subs are already remuxed into the file. Fab will say that the process completed successfully but the resulting mkv will have no direct rendered subtitles. In order to direct render an SRT track it must be external.

Please use Mediainfo tool to analyze the source movie video and post the result.
    Also, please attach the dvdfab_internal log file of the process, thanks.

Comment

I'll have to wait until the next time it happens. I don't even remember what movie this happened with and I've already done a lot more since then.

It should be easy to reproduce though. It happens to me every time I try it. Try direct rendering the subs onto an mkv with the Converter module using an srt track that's already remuxed into the original mkv and is not an external srt track. If it does the same that it does to me it won't work. Or try to shrink an mvk that already has srt subs remuxed into it and when you choose to include them and remux them into the new file they won't be there.

I don't run in to this very often but every time I do it performs the same. I must extract the remuxed srt subs to an external srt file in order to direct render them or remux them into a new file then it will work. I'll try to remember the next time it happens to get the info requested. Not sure why I didn't this time actually. I'm usually good about doing that here.

Comment

If the remuxed subtitle is UTF-8 format, then it is not supported by DVDFab yet.

Comment

I would assume it's not UTF-8 format then because it works when it's used as an external file it just doesn't work when it's already remuxed. Unless when I extract it the file changes formats. I really wish I could remember which movie this was...

Comment

Working...
          X