Converter Shows Only First line in Multi Line Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter Shows Only First line in Multi Line Subtitles

When I convert videos with subtitles that contain more than one line and either remux into file or render into video, only the first line of a multi line subtitle shows. In the original video, both lines are visible but if the subtitle is too long to show in one line, then the last part of it is not shown. For example, if the text was "This is about you / always having to win" where the subtitle is split into multiple lines in the original video, then after converting to a more compressed file, only "This is about you" will show in the subtitles regardless of whether they were rendered or remuxed. I have done this on several videos so it is not just one. I have also used both the mobile and theatre profiles with the same result.

This was happening with videos with the subtitles embeded inside them. I found a workaround by using a utility to extractd the subtitles and leaving them as .srt files with the .mp4 file and now when I open it with Plex or VLC, the subtitles show properly. Nice and clean. If I have the converter remux the external subtitle file into the video, then when I play it, both lines of the subtitle show properly but the resolution is much worse than just using external files. Not really an elegant solution but better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X