Converter not handling certain non-aSCII characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter not handling certain non-aSCII characters

I am having a problem where Converter is not handling some files created by DRMDownloader due to non-ASCII characters. After downloading them I run them through Converter to change the container to MKV from MP4.

Here are a few example file names which fail:

Hawaii Five-0_S08E21_Ahuwale ka nane hūnā
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E22_Kōpī wale nō i ka i'a a 'eu nō ka ilo
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E23_Ka Hana a ka makua, o ka hana no ia a keiki
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E24_Ka lālā kaukonakona haki 'ole I ka pā a ka makani Kona_

If I shorten the names to:

Hawaii Five-0_S08E21
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E22
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E23
    Hawaii Five-0_S08E24

Converter loads them fine. I then do the conversion and rename the output files afterwards. The error I get from Converter is:

Failure to open the selected file

Click image for larger version  Name:	Converter error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	394130

I am running DVDFab 12.0.2.1 but the issue has existed for quite some time.

It would also be nice if DRMDownloader could be enhanced to allow us to select the output container type (i.e. MKV vs. MP4).

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 04-21-2021, 02:58 PM.

DVDFab moderators. My apologies for posting this in the UHD converter section instead of the normal converter forum section. Please move this if you can.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff, the thread has been moved to the regular Video Converter section.

About the problem you reported, we will check, thanks.

Comment

Thanks. I ran into other episodes file doing the same thing. This time I started deleting characters one at a time until Converter would accept the file name. The characters causing the problem are like this: ū and ā and similar. If I remove them from the source file names it works.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X