Converter truncated about 7:15 minutes from the end of the video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter truncated about 7:15 minutes from the end of the video

Hi, my version is actually 12.0.2.8. I twice tried converting a movie from MP4 to MKV and each time it failed to convert completely. It stopped converting at 97% and showed "success". The actual duration of the MP4 is 2:28:06 but the duration of the converted MKV is 2:20:51. Attached is the log. Please try and figure out what went wrong. Thank you.
    Attached Files

I now noticed that some other video conversions from MP4 to MKV were also truncated. All of them had a separate SRT file for the subtitles. The others where the subtitles were remuxed into the MP4 converted to MKV correctly. So the truncation problem I mentioned definitely is occuring with MP4 + SRT conversions to MKV.

Comment

Thank you for the report, we will try to duplicate it first.

Comment

Hi Mona, I figured out that the truncation occurs immediately after the very last subtitle in the SRT file. The last spoken word in the movie I posted about occured exactly at the 2:20:51. Then there was 7 minutes 15 seconds of credits at the end of the movie which were completely cut off.

Comment

Thank for the info, we could duplicate the truncation issue. Developer needs time to fix it, please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Mona.

Comment

HI Mona, no pressure. Would just like a progress report that this bug is being worked on since it is almost 3 weeks since I reported it. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry. No update from the developer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post
                  Hi Mona, I figured out that the truncation occurs immediately after the very last subtitle in the SRT file. The last spoken word in the movie I posted about occured exactly at the 2:20:51. Then there was 7 minutes 15 seconds of credits at the end of the movie which were completely cut off.
                  I to have been experiencing this problem with movie conversions. Based on your finding I edited the .srt file for the movie I'm working with to add a line just about 1 second from end of movie and used the new .srt file in the conversion. Your theory is correct, I got a good conversion of the whole movie.

Comment

I have been having this problem also. I have been PATIENTLY waiting for it to be fixed for many months. I finally joined here to report the problem and found this thread. Not only had it been reported, but the cause as well. I too had found the subtitle file to be the issue. What I don't understand is why DVDFab is not willing to fix this problem. It has been months now and as of 12.0.4.0 it is still not fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X