VR180 Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR180 Support?

Are VR180 videos supported? I have many VR180 videos I'd like to compress to manage their size but don't know which profile to use. Thx!

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
      Are VR180 videos supported? I have many VR180 videos I'd like to compress to manage their size but don't know which profile to use. Thx!
      You can pick a profile you need to have a try, just be sure not to change the resolution in the Advanced Settings panel.
      Almost all the DVDFab products can be evaluated, please download the latest DVDFab 12 at https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and give Video Converter a try.

Comment

OK it's working now after the last update, kind of. Before, the output file was a 2D file unless I chose Copy Video in Advanced Settings (MKV and MP4 profiles) which then prevented me from lowering the bit rate to decrease the file size which is what I was wanting to do to begin with. Now, it works, but it won't use CUDA to speed it up and the encoding fps steadily drops to where it's in the lower teens, around 13fps, after just 30 seconds into the encode and would take hours and hours to finish a 30 minute video. Is there any way to force GPU support?

Comment

Please provide the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file, I will have the developer check for you.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any logs. I don't have the hours it would take to do a full conversion, even on a short video, using only the CPU. I had to cancel it every time I tried when I saw it was going to take 12+ hours. If any dev attempts to lower the bit rate on any VR180 video (or VR360) in a conversion profile (MKV, MP4) they should be able to duplicate. This is using 12054. We could really use VR180/VR360 profiles specifically for these file formats.

Comment

Copy video won't use CUDA, it's normal.
              Please give us a short VR180 video, we will test it on our side. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                Copy video won't use CUDA, it's normal.
                I don't want to copy the video though. I only used Copy to see if it would produce a 2D video or the 3D SBS-type video of VR180. I want to be able to lower the bit rate in order to decrease the file size, so I can't use Copy.

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                Please give us a short VR180 video, we will test it on our side. Thanks.
                I don't have a small enough VR180 video to send with my ISP's bandwidth restrictions. The smallest I have is 28 mins long and it's over 12GB. That's why I wanted to be able to lower the bit rate to decrease the file size.

Please consider adding VR180 support as this format gains in popularity with VR headsets and cameras.

Comment

Working...
                X