Merge is not merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge is not merging

I'm trying to use the merge option to combine two mp4 files (Let's call them A and B). I'm able to add them, verify order and perform the merge operation, but the output is only capturing the "A" file. And oddly, the output file is smaller than the A file.

I've tried this a few times with no success. I'm not seeing any errors so I suspect I may be doing something wrong. What am I missing?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

If you convert only the B file with the same profile, can it work?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. I initially ripped both files from two sides of a DVD using the same profile, then have been trying to use the merge option by pulling in those two files.

Comment

Are you using DVD Ripper or Video Converter?

1. You use DVD Ripper to convert the two sides of the DVD into two files, they are the A file and B file here.
        2. And then you use Video Converter to load the A file and the B file as the source, and then merge them using profile MP4.free.
        3. When the process completes, there is only A file in the output, but no sign of the B file?

Am I understanding you correctly? If not, please list your steps along with related screenshots to better understand your case. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Are you using DVD Ripper or Video Converter?

1. You use DVD Ripper to convert the two sides of the DVD into two files, they are the A file and B file here.
          2. And then you use Video Converter to load the A file and the B file as the source, and then merge them using profile MP4.free.
          3. When the process completes, there is only A file in the output, but no sign of the B file?

Am I understanding you correctly? If not, please list your steps along with related screenshots to better understand your case. Thank you.
          Correct.
          1. I use DVD ripper to rip both sides of the DVD into two files. Part A and part B
          2. I use Video Converter to load both files and merge
          3. The merge process runs, but only processes the first file of the two.

I've tried putting A first, only the A files gets processed. When I put B first, only B gets processed. It feels like I'm missing something simple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-27 161551.png
Views:	284
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	413025

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Correct.
            1. I use DVD ripper to rip both sides of the DVD into two files. Part A and part B
            2. I use Video Converter to load both files and merge
            3. The merge process runs, but only processes the first file of the two.

I've tried putting A first, only the A files gets processed. When I put B first, only B gets processed. It feels like I'm missing something simple.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-27 161551.png
Views:	284
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	413025
            see this merge tutorial - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/merge...files-into-one

Comment

I've tried two random video files, and both of them are in the output file. Did you check the runtime of the merge video? Is it the correct total time for the two videos?

Name:	screenshot-20220729-122147.png
Views:	380
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	413070

Comment

Yes, I've tried checking runtime and file sizes. The runtime of the merge output is the same as whichever file I specify as first in the merge queue. it never actually merges the two files.

Comment

Yes, I've tried checking runtime and file sizes. The runtime of the merge output is the same as whichever file I specify as first in the merge queue. it never actually merges the two files.
                  How about you provide the two video files to us, we will test them and see the result.
                  Please upload them to our FTP server, if it's okay.

Comment

Update. I've tried several different video files to merge and I get the same result. I just noticed my output formats are limited because my paid version is not fully inclusive. Could this be why I'm having issues? The basic merge function looks like it's included in my version, and it doesn't throw any errors it just doesn't work.

Comment

Update. I've tried several different video files to merge and I get the same result. I just noticed my output formats are limited because my paid version is not fully inclusive. Could this be why I'm having issues? The basic merge function looks like it's included in my version, and it doesn't throw any errors it just doesn't work.
                      What should be the correct file size for the two videos you sent to us? After the download completes, they are about 50MB only.

Comment

Working...
                      X